When Life Gives You Lemons (+Lavender)

4:49 PM

The Social Chou is all about giving people ideas on how they can better connect with the people around them. Sometimes this means paying attention to the small moments around us, and sometimes (a lot of times) it means food!

I've found whether you are going out to grab a bite, sitting down for a cocktail or coffee, or making something to host or share with others, food is something that brings us together and makes us feel at home with the people around us. Throughout the blog, I will be sharing recipes and other ideas for you to share with new and old friends alike.



Today I spent my Sunday afternoon pairing two of my favorite flavors together, lemon + lavender. The recipe was found on the Anthropologie Blog for Lemon-Lavender Scones by Christiann Koepke.



The smell of the fresh lavender and lemon is a treat in itself while you are baking! It didn't just stop at the smell...these were some of the best scones I have ever had! I'm hoping that writing this blog will distract me for a bit before I run to the kitchen for seconds. I think the best part is, not only were they easy and enjoyable to make, but it's something you could make for a lot of different occasions, beyond just a treat to get you through your week.

Occasions to make them for:

  • Bring them into your office for a treat for our teammates, or a pick me up during a meeting! 
  • Have a guest over for an afternoon and pair with coffee or tea. Better yet, bring them with you outside for a picnic and enjoy the summer months.
  • If you are traveling to stay with friends or family, these scones would travel along well too and would be a great hostess gift. (Plus you'd get to enjoy them too!) 
Take a peak at my baking process below, and click the link above to find the recipe. 
Happy hosting! 





(Slice up your lemon after zesting and use it for lemon + cucumber water) 

(Adding butter always makes me think of the best chef, Ina Garten)








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe